[PyKDE] Problem compiling PyKDE with latest sip

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 23:36:36 BST 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 7:14 pm, İsmail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cumartesi 3 Haziran 2006 21:06 tarihinde, Detlev Offenbach şunları yazmıştı:
> > I tried to compile PyKDE (latest snapshot) with the latest sip and got
> > the following error during the configure step.
>
> [...]
>
> > Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> > sip: KMD5::update() has overloaded functions with the same Python
> > signature Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> Afaik this is known and PyKDE will have to be updated to work with latest
> sip, you can search mail archive for more info.

This is also a problem with my snapshot process.

Snapshots are made from the trunk rather than the current maintenance branch.
This exposes changes that won't actually need to be addressed for a few
months (when 4.5 is released).

I've changed the build system so that tonight's snapshot should be from the
maintenance branch.

I will eventually change the build system so that snapshots will be made from
both the branch and the trunk.