edit Makefiles WAS: Re: [PyKDE] feature request for eric4

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jul 10 18:10:23 BST 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 20:54, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Hi Detlev,
>
> Am Sonntag, 9. Juli 2006 12:09 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> > It's already implemented and will ba part of eric3 3.9.2 (to be
> > realeased after QScintilla 1.7 has been released).
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
> The most prominent problem, I have with eric is editing Makefiles, while
> I normally use the expand tabs option. You know, that expanding tabs in
> Makefiles is lethal..
>
> Could you provide an option for ignoring tab expansion of customizable
> file name patterns, e.g. Makefile* by default, or should I look into
> this?

Please do that.

> Some other minor issues are layout related:
>  - the selection list in config dialog is too small by default which
>    looks strange, and size relation between left and right panel takes
>    about a window width of 1400 pixel for fully displaying the left one.

The selection list gets 25% of the dialog space and it looks ok over here.
Could you send a screen shot?

>  - When using dockable windows in eric, the order of the panels is fixed
>    and some panels have strange behaviour: when arranging the todo,
>    shell, and output panels in a row on the bottom, the shell is sized
>    way too small without the possibility to resize it. This is
>    unfortunate, since that order is used by default on start up.

The order of the panels is not fixed. It depends on where you drop the
dockwindows. All window sizes are managed by Qt. Normally every window should
have a size handle like the splitters have. By sliding this to the side or up
and down you can resize the dockwindows.

> I could send you my .e3p directly, if you cannot reproduce it..

.e3p is the project file. This doesn't store the settings. These can be found
in the .qt directory in your home directory or in the registry (on win32).