edit Makefiles WAS: Re: [PyKDE] feature request for eric4

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jul 9 19:54:06 BST 2006

Hi Detlev,

Am Sonntag, 9. Juli 2006 12:09 schrieb Detlev Offenbach:

> It's already implemented and will ba part of eric3 3.9.2 (to be
> realeased after QScintilla 1.7 has been released).

Cool, thanks.

The most prominent problem, I have with eric is editing Makefiles, while
I normally use the expand tabs option. You know, that expanding tabs in
Makefiles is lethal..

Could you provide an option for ignoring tab expansion of customizable
file name patterns, e.g. Makefile* by default, or should I look into
this?

Some other minor issues are layout related:
 - the selection list in config dialog is too small by default which
   looks strange, and size relation between left and right panel takes
   about a window width of 1400 pixel for fully displaying the left one.
 - When using dockable windows in eric, the order of the panels is fixed
   and some panels have strange behaviour: when arranging the todo,
   shell, and output panels in a row on the bottom, the shell is sized
   way too small without the possibility to resize it. This is
   unfortunate, since that order is used by default on start up.

I could send you my .e3p directly, if you cannot reproduce it..

Cheers,
Pete