[PyKDE] feature request for eric4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 8 19:04:59 BST 2006

On 08.07.06 16:01:51, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Saturday 08 July 2006 13:49, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Sounds like it's i/o encoding related, and then yes, that could make a
> > difference inside eric. If I remember correctly, eric sets a different
> > default encoding compared to plain python.
> > (see site-packages/sitecustomize.py)
>
> In the patched sitecustomize.py I only save the reference to the
> sys.setdefaultencoding function. In the eric3 IDE the encoding is set to
> whatever was configured by the user. In the debugger client, the default
> encoding set to a value extracted from the coding line of the script to be
> executed. I think, this explains the difference.

Found the get_coding() function and "disabled" it (i.e. returned
latin1), this made it possible to debug my application and I found the
error.

Detlev do you see any gain in having an option to tell the debugclient
to return the coding for LANG env variable if a checkbox in the
configuration is checked? That way I could have done this without
hacking eric's code, but if you think this is too seldom used, I'm not
"demanding" such an option ;-)

Andreas

--
You will inherit millions of dollars.