[PyKDE] How to contribute to sip ?

Yann Cointepas sapetnioc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:10:29 GMT 2006

Hi,

What is the procedure to propose modification to sip ? I need a feature that
I am ready to program. I would like sip to have an option to generate a C++
file only if it does not exists or if it is different from the existing one.
This would greatly improve compilation time (using make dependencies for
instance) when modifying a small part of a sip project. I looked at the code
of sip 4.3.2 and it seem that there is not so much work to do. I am ready
to:

- Describe the changes I would like to do
- Implement these changes in whatever sip version is appropriate
- Give (for free) these changes to sip developpers

Tell me if it can be useful for other people, otherwise I will keep using a
Python script that generate the sip files in a temporary directory before
copying only modified ones.

      Yann Cointepas