[PyKDE] eric and ioslaves.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Feb 28 13:20:06 GMT 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 13:23 schrieb Roy Dragseth:
> Hi.
>
> Are there any plans for supporting kde ioslaves in eric?
>
> I do a lot of server side development in python and has become really fond
> the way xemacs/tramp and kate/fish works to enable remote editing from
> local editor sessions.

Eric is a Qt (PyQt) program with some KDE wrappers. Therfore it will not
support KDE ioslaves. However, it might be possible to support remote access
methods like FTP to read the source files.

> Of course, I would like eric to understand where the file is and fire up
> python on the remote machine too (maybe wishful thinking, but it sure would
> be nice).

That is already there. You have to install the debugger client on the remote
machine and configure the IDE to do a remote login to that machine.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach