[PyKDE] PyKDE example app(s).. what do *you* have? :)

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Thu Feb 16 03:52:06 GMT 2006

If we're showing off anyway (Patrick).. well I've seen quite a few people
lately asking for working real-life examples of pyqt/pykde, here's one. It's
for (Free)BSD not for Linux or Windows but it probably is a nice example of
how PyKDE can be used in a useful way (once again this is PyQt3 and PyKDE3,
no Qt4 yet). Hints, comments, nitpicks are welcome.

http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv

It could be ported to Linux (v4l) but I think that one problem is (and it
would show) v4l's inclusion of non-TV hardware. Nice if you have one but it
squeezes the api.

Well anyway, I think this may be a nice example of how to use PyQt/KDE and
a/the larger picture. Because frankly if you don't have any real Python
leverage people are going to ask you, rightfully, why not in C++... (some
free ammo: a Qt C++ object works just as fast from sip/Py as it does
"natively" ater you've instantiated it).

Just my /me too :)

Dan