[PyKDE] connectSlotsByName do that really works in python?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 18 00:47:36 GMT 2006

On 18.12.06 00:36:51, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> On Dec/18/2006, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>
> > It seems that Miguel used only one file (bad!) and not subclassing. I
>
> I said subclassing but I meant to use "self.ui = Ui_MainWindow()" and
> next line (not really subclassing...)

Its a valid way to put a Ui onto a widget, however you normally don't
use a standard QWidget or QDialog for that, as you can't react on user
input that way. You create a subclass from one of them and create an
instance from that class which you apply the ui to.

It doesn't really matter wether you subclass from Ui_foobar or you use
it "externally". Actually the way he uses it could be used to change the
Ui by a button click in the application itself, just by applying a
different ui.

Andreas

--
You learn to write as if to someone else because NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE
"SOMEONE ELSE."