[PyKDE] kdedistutils and --prefix

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Mon Dec 4 14:32:15 GMT 2006

    I've been using kdeextensions' kdedistutils to install a program. I
use executable_links as this:

[...]
    executable_links = [('psync','psy.py')],
[...]

    then I run setup.py like this:

$ python setup.py install --prefix=/home/mdione/src/projects/psync/src/trunk/debian/tmp/usr

    (it's really a debian package being built). the problem is that
executable_links seems to be ignoring --prefix, as I get this:

[...]
running install_lib
[...]
byte-compiling /home/mdione/src/projects/psync/src/trunk/debian/tmp/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psync/utils.py to utils.pyc
running install_executable_links
symlinking /usr/bin/psync -> /usr/share/apps/psync/psy.py
error: Permission denied
[...]

    see how install_lib does it right, but install_executable links
doesn't. I've been trying to figure out how to modify it, but got easily
lost in the code. any one knows how to fix it?

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
Qué es de la verdad cuando la mentira es más plausible; qué es del sentimiento