[PyKDE] memleak with QMovie

Russell Valentine russ at coldstonelabs.org
Wed Sep 21 23:29:02 BST 2005

Torsten Marek said the following on 09/20/05 13:06:
> Hans-Peter Jansen schrieb:

>>>Something strange is going on on your side.
>>>
>>>Cannot reproduce it here under SuSE 9.3 with Python 2.4, Qt 3.3.4, sip
>>>4.1.1 and PyQt 3.13.
>>>
>>>Let us know the versions of your distribution, Python, Qt, sip and PyQt
>>>and who made them for a start..
>>>

> Hi,
>
> I see some increased memory usage while running the program.
>
> Qt 3.3.5
> sip 4.3.1
> PyQt 3.15
>
> Compiler: g++ 4.0.2
>
> All packages are as official as possible, given that I created the packages for
> sip and PyQt.
>
> greetings
>
> Torsten

Comforting knowing it isn't just me.

More info I upgraded to Python 2.4.1 still same issue. I am using "gcc
version 3.3.6 (Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8)". I'll keep
trying different stuff, or perhaps actually see how PyQt works
internally to see if I could get a hint out of that.

Russell Valentine