[PyKDE] "pure virtual method called"

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Mar 26 09:42:02 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 16:09, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 7:05 pm, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If I play this this code (see attachment) I quickly run up against a crash
> > or the message "pure virtual method called" and then a crash.
> >
> > I'm overriding createView(), but my version should right now behave
exactly
> > the same as the KDE one. ideas?
> This works fine for me using current snapshots.

I'm using SIP 4.0.1, PyQt-x11-gpl-3.12, PyKDE 3.11.1 (KDE 3.3 bindings).

If I comment out the "if KFile.isDetailView(view) and not preview:" stuff in
createView(), then I can't get it to crash. So for me it seems to be related
to the self made KFileDetailView object... but I've been looking at the
source for KDirOperator and my code should behave exactly the same as the
'real' implementation. :-/ The message about a "virtual function" or whatever
is a bit disturbing.

How can I go about debugging this?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/