[PyKDE] Eric 3.7 & latest snapshoots

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jun 19 01:03:39 BST 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 16:54, Antoni Aloy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have installed the lastest Qscintilla, PyQT and SIP snapshoot on my
>  brand new G5, using Fedora Core 4.
>
> The eric instaler complains saying I must have a more recent version of
> QScintilla :O
>
> On the other hand I can run Eric without isnstall it, but I get error on
> openning a docuement. The erro is at line 2013 in the ViewManager module.
>  I have hacked the module to remove the none parameters and now it works,
>  but I have the same problem with other modules.
>
> Perhaps the problem is pyKDE related as Fedora uses KDE 3.4. I have tried
>  to build the pyKDE package myself but for the latest snapshoot I get an
>  error compiling kdecore.
>
> Any ideas?

I just did a new install of the latest sip QScintilla and PyQt snapshots - the
most recent PyKDE won't compile against sip 4.2 (mostly some dtors not
declared private, although I did find one bug). I'm about half way through
updating PyKDE, so I hope to put up a new snapshot soon. The most recent
snapshot should be compatible with KDE 3.4.0, but won't work with gcc>3.3.

I'm also updating PyKDE to KDE 3.4.1 (shouldn't be a big deal) and will
probably try to pick up the gcc changes as well (don't have a version > 3.3
installed, so will need testers). There are other fixes needed that I'll get
to in this iteration I hope.

I'm not sure how eric3 detects PyKDE, or if there's a switch to force it to
ignore it.

Jim