[PyKDE] PyQT on Win32

Edson Tadeu e.tadeu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:46:55 BST 2005

I'm trying to use PyQT on Windows, compiling the QT 3.3, sip 4.1.1 and PyQT
sources through the MinGW compiler. The problem is that the MinGW linker is
*very* slow and swaps a lot too (it was using 420Mb of VM)... I couldn't get
to compile it in less than 10 hours, then I cancelled the linkage. I've
managed to get the pre-compiled QT binaries, but couldn't find the binaries
for sip or PyQT, so what I'm asking is:

* Is there a way to link it faster and using less memory with MinGW tools
and maybe some changes in makefiles or ./configure parameters?

* Could someone that already done that provide the binaries, please?

I was using this "mini howto" from James Lamanna:
http://kscraft.sourceforge.net/convert_xhtml.php?doc=pyqt-windows-install.xhtml

Thanks in advance! =)