[PyKDE] ListBoxItems are invisible

John Ridley ojokimu at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 12:47:01 BST 2005

--- Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> You're getting confused between instantiating an abstract class (now
> fixed)
> and deriving from an abstract class (still works). The problem was
> that,
> originally, I couldn't think of a way of distinguishing between these
> two cases and so allowed both.

Okay, thanks for explaining that.

Just to get things clear though - this one fix will prevent *all*
abstract base classes from being instantiated, yes? This looks pretty
tricky for something like QButton. Somehow, in the chain of inheritance
from QPushButton to QObject, sip has to decide which classes can be
instantiated, and which not. No wonder you had trouble thinking of a
way to do this :)

John Ridley