[PyKDE] QWidgetFactory question.

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 18:33:38 BST 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 6:31 pm, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > We are using QWidgetFactory in C++ to load widget plugins and manipulate
>
> them via slots, and properties.  We would like to do the same thing
> under
>
> > PyQt.  I cannot seem to find a good example of how to access Qt
>
> properties
>
> > from PyQt.  Would anyone have any pointers?
> >
> > Cheers
> >    -ian reinhart geiser
>
> A few days ago, Gustavo Barbieri wrapped QWidgetFactory :-)

QWidgetFactory was wrapped about 18 months ago. What Gustavo did was to
provide additional code that would make connections to Python callables made
in designer - something that QWidgetFactory cannot do.

PyQt does not provide any support for Qt properties other than
QObject.setProperty() and QObject.property(). I can easily wrap QMetaObject
and QMetaProperty (they've been on the TODO list for a while, but nobody has
been clamouring for them) if it helps.