[PyKDE] The tablet event, it works not!

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Sat Oct 16 04:46:51 BST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 5:51 am, Sundance wrote:
> I can. All of them are recognized alright: pointer, stylus, eraser.
> Additionally, the pointer is in relative mode and the others in
> absolute mode -- which is not the case when X is using the tablet with
> a -mouse- driver. I really, really triplechecked this, you know. :)

Sounds like they function alright.

> > Nothing special is required, just the catching of the tabletEvent
> > signal.
> >
> > I'll let you know what I find.

My new kernel works.  Your program worked just fine with my Tablet as did my
old test program (I would have given it to you as well, but I wasn't sure
what state I had left it in).  I'm using sip 4.1.1, PyQt 3.13 and Qt 3.3.3.
There must be something else awry :(

> I'm beginning to suspect a Qt bug. I ported my example to C++, and it
> doesn't work either. I re-re-rechecked my Qt compilation log and tablet
> support is definitely turned on.

I'm not sure what you would check off the top of my head.  You can always
modify the Qt code with something obvious to find out if it has support for
the tablet.  Check the #ifdef's etc.

> Could it be that Qt didn't compile tablet support even though the
> configure script claims it did? If so, how can I check?

I suppose it's possible.  What version of Qt are you running?  If you want, I
can test your C++ program as well, but chances are your python one will work
just fine once you figure out what's going on.

--Kaleb