[PyKDE] PyKDE on mandrake 10.1?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Nov 22 22:03:55 GMT 2004

Hello,

On Monday 22 November 2004 21:07, Knut Morten Johansson wrote:
> I have problems building PyKDE 3.11.2 on mandrake 10.1(standard), and are
> wondering if someone have had any success? I'm wondering if I perhaps having
> problems caused by non compatible versions of PyQt and sip. I had to upgrade
> those to the latest release to get Eric working. And I have not upgraded KDE
> to anything new and unsupported by PyKDE so I don't think this should be the
> problem (if not mandrake has done something fancy). My setup are:
> Python    2.3.4
> Qt 		 3.3.3
> sip            4.1.1
> PyQt        3.13
> KDE         3.2.3

I've got a RPM of PyKDE here for Mandrake 10.1. I can uploaded it to
sourceforge sometime this week if you like. I've also tried to get it into
Mandrake's cooker contribs, but I still haven't seen it appear, even after
sending the spec file in etc.

> As a side note, since I obviously have some kind of RPM fetish I have made
mdk
> 10.1 RPM's for sip, PyQt and eric. If anyone are interrested just drop me a
> line.

Mdk already ships with sip and PyQt I believe. I made my rpm such that it
works with the mdk supplied sip and PyQt rpms.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/