[PyKDE] Eric's project browser

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun May 23 15:53:01 BST 2004

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 23. Mai 2004 04:34 schrieb Kirill Lapshin:
> Hello,
>
> Browser is a neat feature indeed, however I have a small concern about
> current implementation. Was it intentional to list embedded functions
> on the same level as top level functions. I.e.
>
> def foo():
>     def foobar(): pass
>
> shows both foo and foobar on the same level. That's a bit confusing
> and makes top level list a bit crowded. It would be nice to list
> foobar, under foo, or, if it is not an easy task, I would argue that
> not listing it at all is trttd.
>
> Suppose I have following code
>
> def foo():
>     def foobar(): pass
>
> def bar():
>     def foobar(): pass
>
> now only one (second) instance of foobar is present in the browser.

The problem here is exactly the one, that was present in Python 2.2.2
pyclbr.py, which was the basis for my own, extended class browser.
Unfortunately I missed the problem with nested functions and classes.
However, this will be changed in the next snapshot of the 2.5
development in such a way, that all nested functions and classes are
listed under their parents.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach