[PyKDE] eric3 first time user

Christian Sell christian.sell at netcologne.de
Wed May 5 10:21:01 BST 2004

Zitat von Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>:
> > for me, its an empty window with no prompt and obvious way to execute
> > anything that I may enter.
>
> That sounds as if the debug client is not started. That would explain the
> a.m. observation as well.
>
> In UserInterface.py there are two lines redirecting sys.stdout and
> sys.stderr. Please comment them out and start eric3 from a commandline
> and check, if you get any error messages.

I have tried to change the lines in question, with no obvious results (I have
validated my change by adding a print(xxx) statement). The only thing I always
see on the command line when starting eric is this:

QWidget::setProperty( "sizeGripEnabled", value ) failed: property invalid,
read-only or does not exist

thanks,
christian