[PyKDE] eric3 first time user

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue May 4 19:55:00 BST 2004

Am Montag, 3. Mai 2004 20:08 schrieb Christian Sell:
> Zitat von Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>:
> > Did you select "Run project" or "Run script". The first command will
> > run the project's main script (you have to configure this in the
> > project's properties), the later will run the current script (i.e.
> > the one, that has the focus).
>
> I tried both, and have my project configured with the main script.
> Nothing happens.
>
> > Same logic for the other "... project" and "... script" commands.
>
> I tried run and debug, with equal results

Please start it from the commandline and check, if there is any error
output. Is there anything displayed in messages window?

> > That is exactly what it is supposed to do, execute python
> > statements. And that's what it does over here. Sorry.
>
> for me, its an empty window with no prompt and obvious way to execute
> anything that I may enter.

That sounds as if the debug client is not started. That would explain the
a.m. observation as well.

In UserInterface.py there are two lines redirecting sys.stdout and
sys.stderr. Please comment them out and start eric3 from a commandline
and check, if you get any error messages.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de