[PyKDE] (no subject)

Claus, Richard claus at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 13 03:30:01 GMT 2004

For a method:

const struct timespec* timeStamp() const;

SIP 3.10.1 (3.10.1-192) generates:

			const struct timespec *sipRes;

			Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS
			sipRes = sipCpp -> OSWtimeContribution::timeStamp();
			Py_END_ALLOW_THREADS

			return sipConvertFromVoidPtr(sipRes);

Microsoft Visual C++ .NET complains:
error C2664: 'sipConvertFromVoidPtr' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const timespec *' to 'void *'
        Conversion loses qualifiers

Besides getting rid of the consts in the C++ source (which I'd rather not do for C++ users of my library), how do I solve this?  Should SIP perhaps generate:

			return sipConvertFromVoidPtr(const_cast(sipRes));
or
			return sipConvertFromVoidPtr((void*)sipRes);

perhaps with or without a warning?

	Thanks,
		Ric