[PyKDE] Eric 3.3 : Keyboard handling under Windows XP

Andrew Smart Andrew.Smart at smart-knowhow.de
Mon Mar 1 20:55:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

I use Eric 3.3 under Windows XP (PyQt 3.10; Qt 3.2.3).

I have trouble using the [], {} and \ keys (as well as other special keys) in the
editor window of eric.

In the Python shell the keyboards works fine.

I tried to circumvent the problem with macros, but it is not possible to
connect makros to specific keys.

The problem had also existed under previous PyQt/Qt versions.

There are sometimes also problems with the display of error messages
(raised exceptions in C-Source) or yes/no dialog boxes. The message is
displayed without windows frame, and you can not click on the message
button. You have to kill Eric from the Windows task manager.

Any suggestions?

Andrew