[PyKDE] PyQt community site?

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Mon Mar 1 19:52:00 GMT 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 06:40 am, Michael Lauer wrote:
> Am So, den 22.02.2004 schrieb Phil Thompson um 00:57:
> > I usually suggest building on the existing PyQt pages at the python.org
> > Wiki.
>
> I agree. Let's not fragment information too much. It's a pity that
> pykde.sf.net seems abandoned though. Making that site a wiki wouldn't
> hurt either. I know that a wiki may have less capabilities regarding
> styling and layout, but then again pykde.sf.net has a great layout but
> nada content... and this is where a wiki shines.
>
> The just-released MoinMoin 1.2 (written in Python) seems nice, btw.
> The german sites linuxkwiki.de and pythonwiki.de are using v1.1 of moin.

Isn't there a way to join two seperate wikis together? Could we have several
pages on PyQt at python.org, and have them link to the main PyQt wiki at
sf.net? I think having a wiki that is administered by PyQt fanatics will
encourage more people to post to it. I personally felt a little shy when I
posted my tutorials at python.org.

But using a wiki to build the PyQt website at SF I think would be a good
idea. Any opposed?

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner at jonathangardner.net