[PyKDE] QListbox: SetColumnMode(int)

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at bibliothek.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Jun 30 13:43:00 BST 2004

Hello,

this doesn't seem to work as it should. In the example "listbox.py" (part
of the PyQt-package) the first radio button should set the listbox to a
fixed number of columns, as given in the spinbox below. But it doesn't, the
listbox doesn't react at all. The same for the radio button that should set
the box to a fixed number of rows: SetRowMode(int) doesn't seem to work
either. I didn't change anything in the example. The two other radio
buttons work as expected: set the number of columns (or of rows) to the
maximal number visible in the listbox and change the number of rows (or of
columns) accordingly.

 From the Qt documentation I see that there are two overloaded methods
SetColumnMode and SetRowMode:
SetColumnMode(int), SetColumnMode(LayoutMode), and LayoutMode is an
enumeration type. I don't know how that translates to Python, and I suspect
the problem might lie here.

Using PyQt 3.12, sip 4.0, Python 2.3.3 on SuSE Linux 9.1.

How can I set the number of columns in a listbox to a fixed value greater
than 1?

Thank you,
Koczian

Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek, Abt. Naturwiss.
D-86135 Augsburg

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE