[PyKDE] ANN: Debian packages available

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Sat Jun 26 12:53:01 BST 2004

Hi folks,

I haven't uploaded sip 3.10.2/PyQt 3.12 to Debian due to the imminence
of sip 4.0. I've now uploaded to people.debian.org:

  - sip 4.0
  - PyQt 3.12
  - QScintilla 1.3
  - PyKDE 3.11.1 (still building it will be there tomorrow or so)

under (notice the "sip4"):

     deb http://people.debian.org/~rcardenes sid sip4

Short story:
  Just apt-get update && apt-get install python-qt3 and that's all.
  apt-get install python-kde3 will make it for PyKDE (when uploaded).

Long story:
  Ok... What's new here? Since sip4 isn't a mere upgrade of sip3,
  I've introduced new package source (sip4-qt3) and new package
  names (sip4, python-sip4-qt3, etc).  PyQt packages' names are just
  the same. QScintilla is now libqscintilla4 (soname bumped), so
  libqscintilla3 (1.2) will remain in your system if you don't remove
  it yourself.

  I've uploaded sip4 to Debian official site, so it starts building
  on all arches, preparing the ground for PyQt & PyKDE. I'll be
  introducing those new packages on Debian the next couple of weeks
  (sip4 is a totally new source package, so it's PyKDE, QScintilla
  have a new package so they have to pass a little buffer), so you
  can get them from p.d.org in the meantime.

Torsten: there's a separate mail for you.