[PyKDE] SIP, PyQt, PyKDE and friends is KDE CVS

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Jun 23 08:24:01 BST 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 09:40, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 23:38, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Have you built PyKDE against KDE3.3 successfully?

against qt-copy and kdelibs. yes,

> Did you update for new
> methods, etc?

nope, but I had to patch couple of things. (A method went private somewhere
etc, really nothing significant)

> The other consideration is that most of the recent stuff is on sip4 and
hasn't
> been backtested to sip3. Personally, I'd prefer to stick with sip4 - I'm not
> sure it would be easy to get most of this stuff working with sip3 as easily
> as it works with sip4.

sip3 has dissappeared out of my rear view mirror IYKWIM.

> [exotic stuff]

> I really doubt this stuff will be in releasable form before KDE 3.3, and
> certainly not if any kind of freeze is imminent.

That is ok. I just want to make sure that 3.3 ships with bindings that we can
build on top of and not have to modify and recompile in order to get "exotic
stuff" working.

> Do you want copies of what I have? I've cleaned all of the thread-related
> stuff out of libpythonize since the previous version I sent out, and it
works
> beautifully with sip4.

I've got kcontrol stuff working again after being tricked on that premature
garbage collection problem for a while. :-)

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/