[PyKDE] Run time error

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jun 22 02:31:01 BST 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 15:53, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 June 2004 08:16, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> > Hello again,

> > I installed pyKDE on suse 9.1 from the RPM found on the pyKDE site.
> > (The RPM was for suse 9, but I had to use it because pyKDE
> > is not included in suse 9.1, unlike pyQT).

> 2 possibilities come to my mind:
>  - rebuild PyKDE rpm (based on the 9.0 spec)
>  - wait a few days for the 9.1 release (sorry for the delay, I'm busy
>    with an awful lot of other things)

The SuSE 9.0 RPM would have been built with earlier versions of sip and PyQt
than what SuSE 9.1 ships with. It won't be compatible with later sip and PyQt
versions.

SuSE 9.1 uses sip 3.10.x. If he wants to do panel applet related stuff, that
will require sip 4.0 (which is available as an rc release now or 4.0 final
very soon). In that case, it would probably be best to download sip, PyQt and
PyKDE from http://riverbankcomputing.co.uk and build them - about 45 - 90
minutes depending on computer speed (and using the -c switch for PyQt).

Jim