[PyKDE] Embedded python

Kevin Schmidt kevin at eyesopen.com
Tue Jun 1 16:17:01 BST 2004

So I have looked a bit more closely and I still can't figure out what is
going on.  Here's the short of it:

1.  I can import qt just fine.  I can use the qApp object to resize,
hide, etc, the main window

2.  I can create QObjects with no parents.  No problems.
3.  I can create QObjects with qApp.mainWidget() as the parent.
4.  If I try to create by:
w=QObject()
w2=QObject(w)

it crashes on the NEXT time through my python interpreter.
5.  If I try to create a defaultly constructed QWidget (or QDockWindow,
probably others), it crashes on the NEXT time through my python
interpreter.

Any ideas folks?