[PyKDE] KControl modules problem

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sun Jan 18 20:07:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:05 am, David Boddie wrote:
> > I've been busy with using Python in KControl and it is mostly working
fairly
> > after integrating David build code in my distutils build system. Anyway,
> > I've hit crash bug in one of my modules. It seems to be a call to
> > os.popen(), it crashes KControl immediately. Any ideas?
>
> Can you provide a backtrace, or even the module code?

I wish I got a backtrace, then I would probably have it all worked out by now.
:)

I've played with it a bit and appears to _not_ be a module problem per se. (I
also got it to crash without the popen() call, but using vanilla python
code.) I ran it all through valgrind and it appears to be a memory problem.
I've also fixed a small memory (new/delete new[]/delete[] mismatch) in
libpythonize.

More info once I've tested the fix out.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/