[PyKDE] Question on passing Arguments while using Signals and Slots

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Feb 17 17:37:01 GMT 2004

On Tuesday February 17 2004 02:32, Jacob Abraham wrote:
> Dear Tutors,
> QObject.connect(self.table,SIGNAL("clicked(int,int,int,QPoint)
>"),self.tableclick)

should be:
SIGNAL("clicked (int, int, int, const QPoint &)")

Use the C++ signature for the method. The Qt docs are the best
place to find these - use exactly what's there (minus the
variable names).

> This is the clicked Signal from the QTable module.

> I am trying to access their arguments using one of my
> own funtions. How do I recieve these arguments
> especially when one of the arguments is a class
> instance.
>
> These were some of my attempts.
>
> def tableclick(self,a,b,c,d):

That's correct.

d behaves no differently than if you did "d = QPoint (...)"
somewhere in your code.

Jim