[PyKDE] i18n support in eric

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Dec 6 18:42:50 GMT 2004

Am Samstag, 27. November 2004 16:15 schrieb Nicolas D. Cesar:
> This is my first post, and I don't know if this is the correct list... so I
> apologize in casse is off topic.
>

> I've been using eric3 to develop a tiny application and I want to add i18n
> support.
>
> I've try to add a .ts to the project with the "Add translation.." from the
> context menu... it add the entry but it desn't create a proper file!!

After you added a translation you must save your project file. There after you
should be able to use the Generate and Release translation context menu
entries.

> I had to create my .pro outside eric3 and run pylupdate by hand (is this
> normal??) so I could double-click it and Qt-Linguist apear..
>
> everything almost great:
>  pyupdate ('Generate translation') and lrelease ('Release translations')
> inside eric3 don't apear as active in the context menu.

This usually means, that the Qt installation directory could not be found. You
should enter it in the Preferences dialog (Qt page) or set the environment
variable QTDIR.

> is there ANY configuration I should be setting in order to use those
> features?
>
> tnx in advance

Detlev
--