[PyKDE] PyKDE compile on python 2.4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Dec 6 18:27:14 GMT 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 07:18, Douglas Soares de Andrade wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have tried to compile PyKDE under python 2.4 and i have the following
>  error:
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KLockFile::Ptr is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> If reporting errors, paste all of the output above into your
> message and post to the PyKDE mailing list at:
>
>      mailto:    PyKDE at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de
>
> You can redirect the output into a file (> output.txt) if needed
>
> Distro: Slackware 10
> Athlon XP 2.0 - 512 RAM

While you didn't provide enough info to be sure, the most likely cause is that
you're building against KDE > 3.3.0. The next PyKDE snapshot (which may
already be up at riverbank, or will be in a day or two) fixes that, or you
can find related messages in the last two weeks on the list for a couple ways
to fix the problem.

The snapshot includes updates for 3.3.1; it doesn't include updates for 3.3.2
but should build with it (just nothing new will be provided, but that's
probably next to nothing).

Jim