[PyKDE] logging

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Aug 1 18:15:01 BST 2004

On Sunday 01 August 2004 07:54, Lionel Roubeyrie wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Thank's for your response, I had forgotten the kdesu dialogbox :-)
> Unfortunately, I have an error :
> Python 2.3.4 (#2, Jul  5 2004, 09:15:05)
> [GCC 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-2)] on linux2

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/kdesu.py", line 23, in ?
>     import libkdesuc
> ImportError: libkdecorecmodule.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> An idea?

The first few lines of python/site-packages/kdesu.py should look like:

import libsip

import dcop
import kdecore
import libkdesuc

If they don't look like that, edit kdesu.py to add the missing 'import
kdecore' and 'import dcop' However, the last one or two PyKDE versions should
have those lines in place. Switching to sip4 (but then you have to recompile
both PyQt and PyKDE, and should probably use the latest versions of each)
should also eliminate the problem. It's specific to sip3 and only some
distributions/distribution versions.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Jim