[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11 snapshot

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 22 06:02:00 BST 2004

I'm finishing a couple of test builds for PyKDE-3.11alpha5 and
assuming those work OK, I'll be sending a tarball to Phil to put
up either on the PyKDE page or in a PyKDE snapshot directory.

This isn't the final release. It should build against any KDE
version from 3.0.0 through 3.2.1 inclusive. It has (more or
less) the final build system and I've fixed all of the bugs
people have posted to the list (I think).

It requires sip >= 3.10.1 (3.10 isn't sufficient) and PyQt >=
3.11. I've tested it against SuSE 9.0/KDE3.2.1, SuSE
8.2/KDE3.1.1 and RH 9.0/KDE3.1.0. You'll also need to have
installed the *config.py files that the new sip and PyQt create
and install (usually in /site-packages). If you build from a
tarball, those are created automatically - I'm not sure how
packagers have been handling those. As always, you need to have
sip and PyQt installed and the PyQt sip files installed as well
(pyqtconfig.py should point to those).

I'll be doing more testing against different distributions and
KDE versions and adding KDE 3.2.2 support over the next couple
of days, and should have another snapshot available when that's
completed. The final release still needs updated docs and a few
other minor details cleaned up. I also haven't tested the
command line switches to configure.py, but will before the final
release.

I'd recommend that anyone experiencing problems with PyKDE 3.8
installation upgrade their sip and PyQt versions and use the
PyKDE snapshots or wait for the final release.

Please report any build, compile or execution errors you run
across to the list.

Sorry for the long delay in getting this out.

Jim