[PyKDE] Help! I _cannot_ get Eric (using PyQt) to run on Mac OS X 10.3

Patrick Narkinsky patrick at narkinsky.com
Tue Apr 6 15:29:01 BST 2004

On Apr 6, 2004, at 12:15 AM, Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> Sorry, please install PyQt.
> Error: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading
>
> At this point, I have no idea what to do. I would greatly
> appreciate either help on how to resolve this or (even
> better) a pointer to a completely self-contained
> Macified Eric application bundle.

The approach I was able to use to get it to find the QT libraries was:

	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Developer/qt/lib

I think copying the libs will probably not work for OSX dynamic
libraries.

However, even if you get it working, you will still have problems with
crashes.  Eric on OSX is not ready for prime time.

Patrick

Patrick Narkinsky - patrick at narkinsky.com

"If men used as much care in uprooting vices and implanting virtues as
they do in discussing problems, there would not be so much evil and
scandal in the world, or such laxity in religious organizations."

_Thomas á Kempis, The Imitation of Christ