[PyKDE] Help! I _cannot_ get Eric (using PyQt) to run on Mac OS X 10.3

Kenneth McDonald kmmcdonald at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 6 06:17:01 BST 2004

I've been told this is the right newgroups for this sort of
question, I hope that's correct...

I'm doing quite a bit of Python programming, and would
really like to use Eric. However, after putting in about
ten hours of effort, I cannot get it working, and have
come to the limits of my technical expertise.

Basically, I've installed all of the components (qt for mac,
sip, pyqt, scintilla, anything else that was in the eric installation
directions that I might've forgotten to mention.) Almost
everything installed cleanly, except for PyQt; i eventually
ended up moving a bunch of .so files from the build
directory to the installation directory, and then putting
in .dylib links to them instead. After that, PyQt
completed its install.

However, when I attempt to install Eric, using
'python install.py', I get the following message:

Sorry, please install PyQt.
Error: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading

At this point, I have no idea what to do. I would greatly
appreciate either help on how to resolve this or (even
better) a pointer to a completely self-contained
Macified Eric application bundle.

Thanks,
Ken