[PyKDE] Designer Plugin

Roland Schulz mail at r2s2.de
Wed Oct 1 16:57:01 BST 2003

Hey,

I got the lib to write Designer Plugins in Python partly working. After
compiling just copy the lib and the .py files to $QTDIR/plugins/designer.
This is a very first alpha version, so don't be to surprised getting
segfaults all the time. At least here it works without crashing ;-).
There is one big problem left. The MetaObject doesn't seem to work correctly
yet in PyQt objects. Calling the className method one gets the name of the
inherited C++ class and not the name of the Python class. I guess this causes
the problem, that the preview doesn't work. Also of course the properties
don't work yet.

regards
Roland