[PyKDE] Slowdown modifying text in textedit

Andrew Bushnell awb at fluent.com
Wed Mar 26 14:31:01 GMT 2003

Not sure if this will help or not, but one thing to check is to see if
the difference comes down to running under a debugger or not. When
running python scripts under something like Eric or another Python
debugger, there is overhead in order to trace things that will result in
a slowdown...

Anyway, if it helps.

- Andrew

Greg Fortune wrote:
> Weird, it mysteriously disappeared.  I'm going to try to trace it down
> through CVS, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault :)
>
> Greg
>
> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 10:29 am, Greg Fortune wrote:
>
>>Any one notice a slowdown changing the value of any textedit in any of the
>>new snapshots?  I didn't notice it until today so it might be related to
>>something else, but I would be happy to hear that it's not something silly
>>I did :)  I'm running 20030316 here right now.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Greg

************************************
Andrew Bushnell