[PyKDE] Any tools to generate sip files?

Vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 14 22:45:00 GMT 2003

Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:

>It sounds wonderful in theory, but it's completely impractical in reality.
>It's fairly easy to convert basic language constructs (if/else, while,
>switch, function decls, class decls, etc.), but just about anything else is
>going to involve classes and functions in other libraries, which involves
>either A) too much knowlege on the part of the translator of how other
>libraries are implemented, or B) copious amounts of translation rules and
>supporting modules.

True, translating basic cpp constructs to python is pretty trivial (with
appropriate scanner). But on your A and B points, at this moment I would
have to say: not necessarily. You are only partially right, and some
manual code massaging is to be expected (unfortunately). But at the end
of the day, that's the task at hand, so you have to do what you have to
do, no matter how painful, right?

Cheers,
Vio