[PyKDE] getText() fix from 2002/05/15

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Mar 6 01:24:01 GMT 2003

On 05-Mar-03 Eli Carter wrote:
> I'm running RH7.3 + updates.  One of the "wonderful" things about
> that distribution is PyQt-3.1-2 has a bug with
> QInputDialog.getText(). Namely, the 'parent' argument always
> complains of invalid type.

> I found:
> http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyQt/ChangeLo
> which has:
> 2002/05/15 11:31:23  phil
> Fixed a bug in QInputDialog.getText() for Qt3.
> apparently between releases 3.2.2 and 3.2.4.
>
> I want that fix, but I can't seem to find the source for those
> older versions. :(  I can find the latest&greatest, and the
> various versions RH shipped, but not those.  Nor have I found
> the delta that corresponds to the changelog entry.
> freshmeat isn't helpful because all the different version links
> point to river-bank.
>
> Is there a site somewhere that I missed?  I really just want to
> make that change and rebuild... :/

> I guess I'll see if I can guess at changes in the mean time...

The current Qt version should build on RH7.3 with whatever Qt
version you have (>=1.42). Since you'll have to rebuild all of PyQt
anyway, that isn't any more difficult (you'll need the
corresponding sip version in any case).  In fact the newer versions
will build about 80% faster.

The other alternative is to get the latest version an compare
qinputdialog.sip to the version you have and see what changed.

Jim