[PyKDE] qscintilla fix -> pyqt_distutils

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Mar 1 23:23:00 GMT 2003

Hi Gerard,

you may have noticed, that I've announced among others things your
current PyQwt package. Since I'm a bit tight timewise at the moment
(because my girlfriend :), just let me attest, your package builds
without a hitch! Therefore I haven't even needed to take a single
look into it, thus your rewritten pyqt_* stuff gone by unnoticed ;-)
Will do it soon. (For my vindication, this was after my qscintilla
build note).

Thanks,
Pete

On Saturday 01 March 2003 17:25, gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> > BTW, did you advanced in the setup.py/pyqt_support.py tidy up?
>
> Yes, I did and tested it in an already abandoned project: a PyQt
> wrapper for a Qt-C++ class for VTK (a 3D visualization toolkit).
> The project was motivated by the fact that the PyQt widgets included
> with VTK did not work on Windows.
> In the end, I got into fixing the pure Python PyQt widgets that
> come with VTK (they are now in the VTK cvs -- a new release VTK-4.2
> is imminent).
>
> The most interesting widget -- QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py -- is
> also available from my web page ( http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr ).
> A happy user, who discovered it by accident, reports that it works, but
> that it needs a little bit of tweaking. QVTKRenderWindowInteractor
> is compatible with VTK-4.0.
>
> The new setup.py/pyqt_support.py will be part of a new PyQwt release.
> Actually, pyqt_support.py will be replaced by a pyqt_distutils directory,
> writing a setup.py script will be much simpler, and recompiling minimized
> (for my own sake).

Really cool news.