[PyKDE] qscintilla fix -> pyqt_distutils

gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sat Mar 1 17:26:01 GMT 2003

Hi Pete,

> BTW, did you advanced in the setup.py/pyqt_support.py tidy up?

Yes, I did and tested it in an already abandoned project: a PyQt
wrapper for a Qt-C++ class for VTK (a 3D visualization toolkit).
The project was motivated by the fact that the PyQt widgets included
with VTK did not work on Windows.
In the end, I got into fixing the pure Python PyQt widgets that
come with VTK (they are now in the VTK cvs -- a new release VTK-4.2
is imminent).

The most interesting widget -- QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py -- is
also available from my web page ( http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr ).
A happy user, who discovered it by accident, reports that it works, but
that it needs a little bit of tweaking. QVTKRenderWindowInteractor
is compatible with VTK-4.0.

The new setup.py/pyqt_support.py will be part of a new PyQwt release.
Actually, pyqt_support.py will be replaced by a pyqt_distutils directory,
writing a setup.py script will be much simpler, and recompiling minimized
(for my own sake).

Gerard