[PyKDE] More 3.7 compile issues

Steve Simmons scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us
Wed Jul 9 23:08:00 BST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 03:49:46PM -0400, Rob Knapp wrote:
> These issues have been resolved.  I'm just noting them here in case anyone
> else has the same problem.  Not sure how they would since it was my
> own idiocy...but I can't be the only one this unobservant, can I?

Nope, I did it too.

I would normally do 'python build.py' and 'make' as an ordinary
user, then 'make install' as root.  Unfortunately sip and PyQt (and
PyKDE?) attempt to compile directly into a /usr/local (or equiv)
directory.  This has been an issue for quite some time, and one of
these days I'll fix the Makefiles and send the patches to the developers.

Next stop - building PyKDE 3.7 on FreeBSD 4.8...