[PyKDE] More 3.7 compile issues

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Wed Jul 9 22:00:01 BST 2003

These issues have been resolved.  I'm just noting them here in case anyone
else has the same problem.  Not sure how they would since it was my
own idiocy...but I can't be the only one this unobservant, can I?

The whole problem was that I wasn't watching the make processes for errors.
Apparently the buid of sip was failing to copy libsip.dll and sip.exe over
for some reason (in use by another app maybe?)  And the second issue came
from not realizing an error had occured during the make install.

On Wed July 9 2003 12:30 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 July 2003 4:29 pm, Rob Knapp wrote:
> > I'm currently compiling on a win32 platform and the build process
> > reported that sipBadLengthForSlice was an unknown identifier.  The line
> > number provided was line 130 in spi/qstringlist.sip.
>
> Make sure you are using SIP v3.7.

Removing all versions of sip from my computer and re-making it did the trick.
I'm not sure where how sip wasn't getting replaced.

[snip]

> > However, there is a larger problem.  When I reach the end of my
> > compilation and attempt to import qt I get this:

[snip]

> That sounds like you have a 3.7 libqtc.pyd and a 3.6 qt.py.
>
> An explanation of both problems might be that you forgot to run "nmake
> install" after building both SIP and PyQt.

This also resolved the problem.  The make of qtuic.pyd failed (because I don't
have the XML module installed), which prevented nmake install from copying
this over.  Copying the .py files over manually resolved this issue.