[PyKDE] PyQt 3.5:missing QMenuBar text

Ingo Krabbe i.krabbe at dokom.net
Mon Jan 20 10:39:01 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:29:00AM +0100, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot tell if this is really a PyQt 3.5 topic but as of 3.4->3.5
> update (used gentoo automatic update compilation), I am missing my
> MenuBar texts, though the Menu itself is available.  This looks like a
> foreground font problem, maybe even with the theme I chose.  I will
> track this down further, but if any of you encountered likewise problems
> I would most appreciate an informative answer.
>
> BYE INGO

Ups, this actually is a style problem, since I compiled qt before kde it
seems to have problems accessing a kde style that is automagically used
by configuring kde ... Hmm, just keep this as a reference usage error.

The easy solution was to remove $HOME/.qt, the better solution would be
to edit $HOME/.qt/qtrc by hand and don't try out kde styles, the best
solution would be to recompile qt with kde support ... once upon a time

BYE INGO