[PyKDE] PyQt on MacOS X 10.2 - help

Noah nspies at twcny.rr.com
Sat Jan 11 23:39:01 GMT 2003

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this message gets posted twice.

I'm trying to replicate Ivan Porres's success in getting PyQt to work on
MacOS X with X11, but so far no luck.  It seems that the SIP build process
has changed slightly since when Ivan made his instructions, and I'm no
expert on the Unix build tools.  I keep on getting multiple definitions
errors, no matter how I add the "-flat_namespace -bundle -undefined
suppress" options to the sipgen and siplib Makefiles.  Can anyone give me
either more explicit directions or some more pointers on how to fix this
situation.

BTW, I'm running MacOS X 10.2.3 with the December developer's tools and
Qt3.1.1-3 from fink.  I know I'm not the only one who's interested in using
PyQt on MacOS X -- anyone up for packaging it into fink?

Thanks!

Noah