[PyKDE] Problem with Sizing of Application

John Bell jhbell at tpg.com.au
Sat Jan 11 15:25:01 GMT 2003

I have a minor problem re sizing of my application's QMainWindow.  I want it
to be the width of the screen and 120 pixels in height.  If I set it's size
by:

 mainwindow.rezsize(app.desktop().size())

it fills the screen as one would expect.  If I do instead:

 mainwindow.resize(app.desktop().width(),120)

then the width of the mainwindow is rendered as somewhat greater than in the
former case.  This results in the close-application icon (the cross) being
semi invisible as it is partially off page.  It's as though the window
margins aren't being taken into account when calculating the width.  Now,
whilst this is cosmetic it is annoying!  What is even more annoying is that I
can't see what's wrong!  Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

My environment is Linux with Qt 3.1.1

Thanks in advance.
--

Regards,