[PyKDE] Re: final build.py cleanups

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Aug 10 03:47:00 BST 2003

On Saturday August 9 2003 15:47, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
>    - concat splitting helps with memory constraints without
>      loosing advantages of concat builds (again)

Sounds cool - I'm interested in looking at this.

>    - command line switches for lib64 builds
>      (untested, but should work.., again)

Can't test here either

>  - threaded build of course (controled by SMP=2 env. var.)

Can't test this either, so I'll take your word for it.

>  - build (as user) into independant directory (again)

Might be useful.

> Last option need modifications of the LIB argument in a bunch
> of sip files, in order to be able to link against them in an
> independant directory. To ease this procedure,
> fixSipInclude.py is included. -> %prep section in
> PyKDE-3.7.spec.

I'll check this out and see what I can fix up.

> Note also the enabled BuildRoot option; user
> is able to build this rpm without being root! He won't be able
> to install it, though ;-). This allows unattended builds
> without big hassles. The last offender in this resort is PyQt
> now.

Good.

> The only remaining problem of SMP builds, I know of, is the
> modules internal dependancies during the make run. See %build
> section in .spec. It looks ugly, but should work always this
> way.

> Don't know, why you omitted kdepyuic in 3.7, here is it again
> with a small KDatePicker fix up from KDE 3.0 times. Need to
> test this one again. postproc.diff is a small shut up patch.

I'd lost track of whether it worked or not - I'll add it back.
I would have figured it out sooner or later - I have a lot of
msgs queued to take action on, but am just getting to them.

> The build.py patch is fairly well tested in the different
> scenarios.

Great, as I can't test a lot of this.

> As requested, here's the full source (additional spec, and
> diffs).

Thank you (grovel) - I really appreciate it, especially as
quickly as you turned it around.

> BTW, build of 3.7-2 is really smooth here (SuSE 8.2, KDE
> 3.1.1) and my KFileShare.setShared is defined as (const
> QString&, bool).

Odd - must be in the rpms I downloaded ?? Don't remember where I
got them - usually kde.uk is fairly fast for me.

> A few month ago, I asked you for your generator tools. I would
> like to see some kabc bindings. Could they be of any help for
> me?

I'll put together a project file with some blanks for you to fill
in (output directory, source directory, etc) It's pretty easy to
setup if you wrote it, but not otherwise. Is mail OK (about
100-200K tarball)? I've wanted to do kabc for a while, but
haven't gotten to it so this is perfect.

I'll try to match your response time - it's only fair.

Jim