[PyKDE] Incredibly early heads up on something that might exist someday :-)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Aug 9 09:18:01 BST 2003

On Friday August 8 2003 19:09, Steve Simmons wrote:
> At the recent TCL 2003 conference we discussed some possible
> strategies to lower conference costs, ease the running of
> same, and provide some more advancement for tk, the
> tcl/python/perl/ruby/etc GUI toolkit.

> We decided to try and pull together a joint scripting
> languages conference that would provide a good venue for such
> cross-language discussions.  It seems to me that the PyKDE
> folks might have an interest in this, tho right now I can't
> predict where or how.  But if you're interested, you can
> follow the discussion and tentative proposal ideas at
> <http://mini.net/tcl/9589>.

Steve -

The other guys you might want to involve in this hang out at:

Kde-bindings mailing list
Kde-bindings at mail.kde.org

They're working on Qt bindings for Ruby, Perl, Java and C and
probably will get to KDE eventually.

There's also the people that do wxPython - don't know who or how
to reach them, but they probably read comp.lang.python or have
their own list. PythonCard is another project.

Personally, I don't find a cross-language common GUI very
appealing. To the extent I've looked at the other projects, I
think we're all too divergent in approach to have much to share.
Phil would have a better take on that than I would, as I don't
do coding in that area at all.

There's other stuff I'd find more interesting, but that's a
different rant.

Jim