[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.7-2 Available - kiocmodule fails to buld (kdelibs 3.1.3 )

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 8 17:30:01 BST 2003

On Friday August 8 2003 03:49, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> On Friday 08 of August 2003 09:41, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > PyKDE-3.7-2 is available for download at:

> Great thanks , Jim !

> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykde

> I get single error:

> make[1]: Wchodzę do katalogu
> `/home/users/matkor/rpm/BUILD/PyKDE-3.7-2/kio' g++ -c -pipe -w
> -O2 -march=i686 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL
> -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -fno-exceptions
> -I/usr/X11R6/share/qt/mkspecs/default -I. -I../extra/kde312
> -I. -I/usr/include/python2.2 -I/usr/X11R6/include/qt
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../extra/kde312/kio
> -I/usr/X11R6/include/kio -I../kdecore -I/usr/X11R6/include/qt
> -o kiohuge.o kiohuge.cpp
> sipkioKFilterBase.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
> sipDo_KFileShare_setShared(PyObject *, PyObject *)':
> sipkioKFilterBase.cpp:1740: no matching function for call to
> `KFileShare::setShared (QString &, bool, bool)'
> /usr/X11R6/include/kfileshare.h:71: candidates are: static
> bool KFileShare::setShared(const QString &, bool)
> make[1]: *** [kiohuge.o] Błąd 1

> Rest of build process seems to work well (except linking with
> kiocmodule, of course).

> Any ideas ?

 Yep - it's a mismatch between h files and libs on SuSE. The KDE
source tarball has:

    setShared (QString &, bool)

but the KDE libs (on SuSE anyway) are built with

    setShared (QString &, bool, bool)

so I get the reverse problem with SuSE. (Either that or it's a
mismatch between the KDE libs source and the distributed h files
- I'm not sure which now)

In sip/kfileshare.sip you need to change:

%If ( KDE_3_1_2 - KDE_3_1_3 )
    static bool          setShared (const QString&, bool, bool);
%End

to:

%If ( KDE_3_1_2 - KDE_3_1_3 )
    static bool          setShared (const QString&, bool);
%End

and then re-run build.py and compile.

This should only affect KDE 3.1.2. Upgrading to KDE 3.1.3 should
also fix it. This is kind of a nasty problem to detect - I'll
see if I can come up with a fix.

I'd appreciate it if you could verify what distribution and KDE
version you're running and if others using KDE 3.1.2 with
something besides SuSE could let me know which version works on
their system. I don't want to put out a fix without knowing
which distributions need which version of the method.

You and I had some earlier exchanges about some of the KDE DOM
stuff - do I owe you any fixes for any of that? I couldn't find
anything I needed to do when going through my email, but I seem
to remember I promised you something, and I'm finally getting
around to all of the patches I promised in the last few months.
Please let me know ...

Jim